I do love and appreciate a new recipe for Christmas cookies and every year I look for new treats to share with family and friends. I couldn't wait to try out the recipe that Julie from This Gal Cooks sent me for the Christmas cookie swap!
White Chocolate Mint Cookies
1/4 cup of shortening
1/4 cup butter softened
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg, room temp.
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup mint M&M's chopping (use Food processor)
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and shortening with mixer on medium high for about 30 seconds.
2. Add white and brown sugar, baking soda, and mix until combined.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. Gradually beat in the flour. Mix until well blended.
5. Fold in white chocolate chips and mint M&M's.
6. Drop dough into round tsp size balls onto baking pan lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Did you notice? The recipe includes white chocolate chips and Mint M&M's!
This recipe was quick, easy, and absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making these again before Christmas and probably in the years to come. It was a perfect blend of white chocolate and mint.
The only thing I needed for an evening of Christmas cheer were these cookies, a cold glass of milk, and my Christmas tree!
So here is what you need to do... bake a batch of these cookies, go sit near your Christmas tree, and read Julie's blog. You'll be glad you did!